Six House Captains who will be responsible for:
- Ensuring House points have been collected by Form Captains weekly
- Informing form tutors and form captains about house assemblies
- Overseeing the entries for house activities.
In addition to this, they will:
- Attend House Captain meetings regularly
- Present occasional House assemblies
Each form will have 1 'form captain' who will be responsible for:
- Co-ordinating entries for House competitions
- Collection of House points weekly
- Liaising with the Heads of House weekly about their form's house points.
- Helping form tutors organise House Assemblies
Form Sports Captain
Each form will have 1 sports captain, who will be responsible for:
- Assisting the Form Captain
- Organising entries in to House Sport Competitions
The Form Tutor will be responsible for:
- Oversee the management of Form Captains and Sports Captains
- Develop the House Assemblies in conjunction with thought for the week
- Nominate monthly one form members to become 'House Star of the Month'
- Ensure Form Captains are undertaking their responsibilities
- To ensure House points are awarded in accordance with their subject specific tariffs.
- HOD's to ensure subject specific tariffs to be followed consistently.
- HOD's of Art, Tech, Drama and English to be arrange a House activity. (Refer below for further details)
Head of Houses
- Co-ordinate house activities with HOD's
- Co-ordinate House Captains
- Send letters of praise to the 'House Star of the Month'
- Ensure house points are collated and award fairly.
- Liaise with IT to update house websites
- To lead house assemblies in accordance with the rota (to be published in the school diary)
- To be assigned to the following House's SM Whiteleaf, SC Chequers, RG Ickneild, IP Pyrtle Spring, JD Chiltern, WM Ridgeway
- All assemblies will take place in houses
- Assemblies will take place each week, one week will be a leadership lead assembly, the following week the house assembly will be lead by a form group. (For example: Week one - Whiteleaf will have a leadership House assembly in the Hall, while Chequers have a peer led house assembly in the canteen. The following week the two houses will exchange assemblies.)
- Leadership House assemblies will start at 0840 and end at 0900, Peer led House assemblies will start at 0845 and finish at 0855. The time difference should help to minimise the congestion in the main corridor.
- House Points are to be awarded in conjunction with subject specific tariffs.
- Tie Pins will be awarded for 50, 75 and 100 house points
- The leading house point scorer in each house will be rewarded each term with gift vouchers.
- House Point leaders will be published on the house websites
House Competitions will be led by specific departments:
- Summer '09 - Sports Day P.E
- Sept-Oct '09 - Cross-Country
- Oct-Dec '09 - Art
- Jan-Feb '10 - Basketball
- Feb-April '10 - Technology
- April-May '10 Dance - Drama
- May-June '10 - English
- June-July '10 - Sports Day
The following year Humanities, MFL, Music, Science and Maths will lead house competitions
House Pupil of the Month
A pupil will be rewarded with vouchers per month based upon the following criteria:
- House Points
- Service to others
Action Points Time Scale
- Appoint Heads of House May 15th
- Information emailed to Staff May 11th
- House Captain Specification May 5th
- Form Captains Specification May 5th
- Consultation with HOD's May 7th
- House assembly rota (Leadership) May 8th
- Conformation of House Classifications ASAP
- House Procedures - Information to be delivered to forms June 1st
Forms will be classified by the first letter of the house i.e Whiteleaf W1 W2 W3 etc. Apart from the Chequers who will be classified with Q.