Bring Your Own Chromebook
Princes Risborough School is committed to providing the best learning experience for our students and preparing them for the wider world outside of school. We strongly believe that this means providing students with access to technology. We want to provide each and every pupil with their own personalised learning device which they can use at school and at home. We know that for parents, making an investment in technology isn’t always possible. If the technology is available at home, it may not be suitable to bring it into school, in case of issues with security and compatibility.
In order to provide seamless access to technology, we have partnered with Freedom Tech to launch the Tech 4 Learners 1:1 device programme.
For students joining PRS in 2023.
How it works
Parents will make fixed monthly payments to access the technology. There is also an option to pay in full if this is preferred. For parents and students, Tech 4 Learners offers:
- The latest technology for students: a personalised learning device they can use at school and at home
- Enhanced learning outcomes through consistent access to technology and powerful learning resources
- Fully covered technology - each device is protected in the event of any warranty or repair claims, for the duration of the programme
- The ability to pay for the latest technology in manageable monthly payments
- No personal credit checks - get up and running and contributing
- The device is yours at the end of programme at no extra cost
For any further questions, please see our additional FAQs section at: www.freedomtech.co.uk/faq
If your query is not answered in our FAQs, please contact us by visiting: www.freedomtech.co.uk/help/
Please raise a ticket by choosing type ‘Other’ and we will respond to you within 4 working hours.
Hardship and Students eligible for Pupil Premium
If you are eligible for Pupil Premium the school will contribute towards the cost of a Chromebook.
If you are not eligible for Pupil Premium but have a financial hardship, please apply to our Welfare Fund.
Bringing your own device (BYOD)
You may have a Chromebook already when you arrive. That is fine. We highly recommend it is one with a
long battery life, is portable (preferably 11”) and you have it in a protected case when transporting it
All of our devices have to be “managed” to keep students safe and to ensure learning is consistently and
effectively supported across the schools. If you have your own device, we will need to add the relevant
Google Education management software. We ask parents/guardians to make a one-off contribution of £30