Subject Ambassadors - (Coming 2023)
The Role of a Subject Ambassador
Princes Risborough School will have a team of Subject Ambassadors. They have to go through a rigorous interview process and work with the Head of Department to represent and improve the school. Subject Ambassadors are the school’s role models. If you are a student with an excellent record of behaviour, attendance, punctuality and uniform, who has demonstrated a commitment to the school and, in particular, a specific subject area, then you are a suitable candidate.
A summary of the main responsibilities and tasks are -
Working with the Head of Department to facilitate extra-curricular activities, Primary events and representing the school at certain events
- Subject Ambassadors are passionate about their subject.
- They are enthusiastic about learning new things and solving problems.
- They demonstrate an eagerness to share their understanding with others and enjoy rising to new challenges.
- Continue their learning outside of the classroom
- Extend their learning by reading, watching and listening
- Encourage, support and enthuse others to learn about the subject
- Contribute to the promotion and development of the subject in and outside of school
Subject Ambassadors are students who show a flair, apparent ‘natural ability’ and/or commitment to a particular subject in school. They are those who are likely to read around the subject and find opportunities to learn about elements of the subject independently. Subject Ambassadors are inspirational individuals who can engender enthusiasm for the subject around the school. Subject Ambassadors are frequently involved in a range of activities to help them and others to fulfil their potential in particular subject areas. Such activities may include transition workshops with primary schools, demonstrations at school events e.g. open evening, and participation in, and even running of, extracurricular clubs and activities.
Subject Ambassadors are highly valued by staff and students alike and the leadership skills that they develop in this role will serve them well in the future.
- All current students who meet the criteria are eligible to stand.
If you wish to apply to be a subject ambassador you must provide the following:
- A formal letter of application, addressed to the Head of Department, which covers the following points explaining why you believe you will make a good ambassador for their subject area(please limit this to one side of A4)
- How you have supported the ethos of Princes Risborough School so far in your time with us.
- How you will continue to support the ethos of Princes Risborough School.
- The specific contributions you will make to the subject.
- Your personal qualities.
- Your style of leadership.
- How you will promote yourself as a positive role model for peers and younger students.
Please give specific examples of achievements which demonstrate these qualities